The staffs of the Engineering Maintenance Department in the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine began rehabilitating some important joints in the Dar Al Hanan for severe mental disability in the holy city of Karbala, as part of a series of humanitarian and service projects it presents to a number of sectors.
The head of the engineering maintenance department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine - the body supervising the rehabilitation work - Engineer Samir Abbas, told the al-Kafeel Network, saying: “The rehabilitation of the house is part of a series of humanitarian projects presented by the Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine. After obtaining the approval of the General Secretariat of the Holy Shrine, our staff began the Rehabilitation works, as the first stage included making a site check of the house to find out what it needs, after that we started rehabilitation work that included important joints that were an obstacle to providing services in the house.
For his part, Engineer Muhammed Mustafa Shaker Al-Tawil, head of the construction works division of the department, who is responsible for carrying out these works, added: “There are a lot of service and humanitarian works provided by the construction works division, because this project falls within the rehabilitation plan for some sectors such as schools and others provided by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and that our cadres are racing against time to provide the best rehabilitation work in record periods, by providing comprehensive maintenance to these facilities and contributing to making them compatible with what they provide to the community. "
He also explained that the works will include:
- Rehabilitation, maintenance and repair of the façade of the house.
- Installing heavy water pipes (sewers) for an estimated distance of (120) meters, with the construction of new manholes and linking this line to the main station.
- Rehabilitation of the sanitary complex of the house and repairing damaged water pipes, electrical wiring and other works.
- Maintenance of the central kitchen of the house.
- Replacing the electrical wiring of the house, and providing it with the necessary lighting.
- Rehabilitation of some rooms in the house, and re-staining and making them suitable for use.
- Cladding some rooms and the central square of the house.
- Additional work to be carried out if the building needs it.
Al-Tawil stressed: "The humanity of this work made us exert more effort to accelerate the implementation of these actions and within the timelines prepared for them, and to make this house - within our available capabilities - be appropriate to provide services for such a segment that needs an appropriate environment."