The leadership of the Al-Abbas's (p) fighting squad has announced the liberation of the strategic areas of Tal Faris and Tal 'Abtah in the axis of west Mosul, within the liberation operation of "We are coming Nineveh", axis of popular mobilization.
This liberation operation has begun on Thursday morning the 8th of Rabi' Awwal 1438 AH corresponding to the 8th of December, 2016, by the launch of the formations and troops of the Al-Abbas's (p) fighting squad and the force stationed with it from the squad of Imam Ali (peace be upon him) of the holy shrine of Imam Ali (peace be upon him), towards Tal Faris overlooking the strategic area of Tal 'Abtah from two axes, with distinct and high coordination of the hawks of the army aviation, advancing with its various forces towards the center of this area to meet the rest of the popular mobilization troops to participate in the liberation of the northern side.
Thus, the fifth phase is the most important mission as it has liberated in a record time the western axis of Mosul and with minimum loses, all praise to Allah.
As for the importance of the area of Tal 'Abtah, it may be summarized as follows:
* It is one of the most important supply lines of ISIL from between the western desert of Anbar and Hadar's desert down to Tal 'Afar.
* Its liberation prepares the liberation of the district of Tal 'Afar and Ba'aj.
* Its liberation means to secure the control over important networks of roads linking Tal 'Afar and Mosul.
* The control of almost half of the island, starting from the west of Tal 'Abtah towards the Syrian border.
* Providing the complete control over the administrative border of the province of Nineveh.
* Its importance for its population due to the displacement of a large number of them.