After two days of discussing ideas and visions in the presented research, interventions and observations, the Second International Conference on the renewal of the Hussayni Minbar held by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine in collaboration with the Bahr al-'ulum charitable foundation and which was held in its hall in the province of Najaf under the slogan "The Hawza is the leader of the renewal" started under the title: "The international conference on the renewal of the Hussayni Minbar", with the participation of religious, cultural and intellectual figures, researchers and academics from inside and outside Iraq, was concluded on Friday afternoon the 18th of Jumada II 1438 AH corresponding to the 17th of March, 2017, in the hall of Imam al-Hassan (peace be upon him) for conferences and seminars.
The closing ceremony started by the recitation of verses from the Holy Quran by the reader Sheikh Jassem al-Najafi, followed by reading al-Fatiha in memory of the martyrs of Iraq and then the word of Sayed Mohamad Reda al-Jalali who has thanked all those who contributed and participated in the establishment of this conference that highlighted the Hussayni Minbar as an important topic.
His eminence Sayed Mahmood Tabataba'i has also presented his word in which he praised the conference and its organizers and the important research presented during the last two days. Then the word of the Preparatory committee of the conference was delivered on behalf by Sheikh Muhsin al-Khuza'i who stated:
"The Preparatory Committee has prepared and organized the activities of this Conference and its research, which included nearly 30 research that were elected among the participating research, dealing with the various dimensions of the challenges and problems faced by the Hussayni Minbar in the era of the new technologies, suggesting a number of solutions and mechanisms to improve and strengthen the Minbar institutions."
He added: "The Conference has concluded its works by stressing on the following recommendations:
- The full compliance with the directives of the supreme religious authority in maintaining the authenticity of the Minbar.
- Preserving the most important pillar and the strongest mainstay in the Hussayni Minbar function, namely the elegy as it is a Hussayni ritual that is emphasized by the Imams of Ahl al-Bayt (peace be upon them).
- Holding consultative meetings before Tabligh seasons.
- Emphasizing on the coordination with the owners of the processions and Hussayniat to upgrade the Hussayni Minbar.
- Providing care and attention to the preachers who live special circumstances.
- Printing a Hussayni encyclopaedia entitled "Encyclopaedia of the Hussayni revolution" of the Islamic historian Mr. Mohamad Ni'mah al-Samawi.
- Completing the approach taken by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine and the Bahr al-'Ulum charity foundation, by proposing the subject of the next conference "The role of the Hawza in the writing of history."