The demand for ice is increasing because of the high temperatures and the need to cool the water to distribute to it to the visitors, and also to use of ice blocks by processions' owners to preserve food. Therefore, the Ice Factory of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine mobilized all its efforts to meet this demand and cover all the needs.
The Engineer Basem Shaker Kadhem Aal Ma'lah, director of the Factory stated to Al-Kafeel Network: "As part of the measures and procedures set for the Ziyarat Arba'een season, the factory's staff started their alert several weeks ago, to work continuously 24 hours a day, for achieving of a daily production rate up to 3000 ice blocks."
He added: "The ice blocks are distributed to several destinations, including:
- The service Hussayni processions deployed on the roads leading to the holy city of Karbala. The Ice blocks are transported periodically to them by the special trucks of the factory.
- The service complexes and the cities of visitors of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine.
- The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, its Department and surrounding areas.
- Security forces of the other provinces and are currently in Karbala to support its security forces during the Arba'een.
- The popular mobilization forces inside the province of Karbala.
- Some of the cities of visitors and locations of the Imam al-Hussayn's (p) holy shrine close to the factory.
Stressing: "The volume of production in the factory since the beginning of providing these services to the visitors is nearly one million ice block. And our production continues throughout the week until the end of the Ziyarat Arba'een."
Indicating: "We have also operated the RO Station in the factory to supply the processions, either directly or through our special trucks, with a production capacity up to 16 square meters per hour. And it operates 24 hours a day."