As part of its plan to keep abreast of the progress in the medical and therapeutic field in order to improve the services provided to its patients, the al-Kafeel Super Specialty Hospital of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine announced the introduction of a modern treatment technique used for the first time in Iraq, namely the use of interventional radiology to treat a number of pathological conditions without resorting to surgical intervention, which might endanger the patient's life. This new technique is introduced to an independent unit in the hospital under the name of the Interventional Radiology Unit for the treatment of tumors.
According to the management of the hospital, this unit operates under the supervision of a specialized team from inside and outside Iraq headed by Dr. Adnan Zubaidi interventional radiologist, and that the cases received in this unit are:
1- Malignant tumors including: (liver tumors, pancreatic tumors, kidney tumors, prostate tumors, bone tumors, etc.).
2 - Benign tumors, including: (enlarged prostatic and uterine contract that is treated by catheter).
3 - Therapeutic catheter: The treatment of various diseases through them, including:
- Pre-operative therapeutic catheters, such as brain tumors and kidney tumors.
- Catheterization of varicocele.
- Therapeutic catheter for vascular malformations, whether in the brain, spine, etc.
- Therapeutic catheter for the treatment of hemorrhage in the intestine.
- Catheterization of varicose veins.
- Therapeutic catheter for stroke.
For reservations and inquiries, please call the following numbers from 8 am to 8 pm: (07602344444), (07602329999), (07730622230).