The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine continues its service effort in support of popular demonstrations and peaceful demonstrators demanding their legitimate rights, which are guaranteed by the Iraqi Constitution and supported by the supreme religious authority. These services include providing chilled and pure water to the protestors around the clock.
The official of the Water Division of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, which is affiliated to the Department of Service Affairs; Haj Ahmad Hanun, explained to the al-Kafeel Network: "Under the guidance of the General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and within the efforts harnessed to support the movement of the peaceful demonstration and to contribute to meet part of the protesters' needs, our staff have started to provide thousands of liters of water from the Holy Shrine's Water Station and dozens of ice briquettes from the Ice Factory of the Holy shrine, to cool the water after it has been placed in special containers to be at the disposal of the protestors and security forces alike. "
He added: “There is also the distribution of thousands of cups of water provided by the al-Kafeel Mineral Water Production Plant by the staff of the division and the volunteers from the other departments. Our work is continuous around the clock, and we provide additional quantities on peak moments. "
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.