The host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine announced that since the beginning of the peaceful protests, it had prepared and distributed thousands of meals to the demonstrators in the Tarbiya Square in the city of Karbala, and it continues to provide them with meals every day.
And according to the statement made to the Al-Kafeel Global Network by the head of the host restaurant department; engineer Adel Al Hamami, adding: "The host restaurant of Aba Al Fadl Al Abbas (peace be upon him) continues to provide meals to peaceful protesters in the gathering place in central Karbala, by distributing hundreds of meals on a daily basis."
Indicating: "the meals are prepared in the kitchen of the host restaurant and are sent by special vehicles to the center of the city of Karbala, where peaceful protesters are gathered. Furthermore, the number of meals increases following the momentum of the protesters, and the distribution is done either directly or through the support and relief tent of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine."
In turn, peaceful protesters gathered in Tarbiya Square thanked the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine for its logistical services since the beginning of the protests.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators in Karbala, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.
- Opening a tent for the medical training and rescue, to train the protesters on first aid of critical cases, in addition to contributing to rescue the wounded.
-Sending logistic aid convoys to support the protesters in the Tahrir Square in Baghdad.