The women's library of the Intellectual and Cultural Affairs Department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine changed its old name to the name (Umm al-Baneen - peace be upon her - women library), in addition to a comprehensive update of its website, by which it communicates with diverse cultural, academic and social segments, especially women, to enable them to advance themselves and their socio-cultural reality in scientific and modern ways.
The Director of the Library, Mrs. Asma Raad explained to Al-Kafeel Network, saying: “After the great development that the library witnessed in its office work, and to keep pace with the development in the electronic field, we took several steps based on an action plan blessed by the department and the General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine; starting by changing the name of the library to (The Women Library of Our Lady Umm al-Baneen - peace be upon her -) in honor of this virtuous and venerable lady, as we are honored to serve her son, the Qamar al-Ashira Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him). Then we started a comprehensive update of the library's website by the Programming and design in the Information Technology and Networks Division of the Holy Shrine Media Department. New pages were created and others were updated."
She added: "The library's new website was titled:https://alkafeel.net/women_library/#/
and included many sections, the most important of which are:
- News: a section dealing with library activities and events.
- Library Friends: It is specialized in publishing publications of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine for the purpose of reviewing them, benefiting from its valuable information, and conducting competitions on them.
- The Video Library: This section is concerned with publishing videos, whether they are related to the library or other activities and events of the Holy Shrine.
- Announcements: It is a section devoted to publishing library announcements.
- Photo Library: is specialized in publishing the library's high-quality photographic products, whether of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine or outside.
- You are my role model: a window devoted to publishing research and biographies on women immortalized by Islamic history.
- Awareness: This section is concerned with publishing rulings and sermons quoted from the hadiths of the Prophet’s biography and the Imams of the Ahl al-Bayt (peace be upon them).
- Reports and investigations: A window specialized in publishing extensive news about the activities of the Women's Library.
- Library departments: This window displays the library's structure, divisions, units, and the tasks assigned to it.
- Al-Mishkat: a section devoted to publishing issues of the quarterly magazine (Al-Mishkat) issued by the Reading and Reciting Unit. It is a general magazine that deals with the educational aspects of women.
- Search in indexing sources: It is an important section that provides its services to researchers, academics and interested people in this regard without fatigue or effort, and includes three windows (electronic resources - copying of manuscripts - paper sources). An easy mechanism was followed in this section that enables the recipient to obtain what is needed easily.
- The section of the magazine of Riyadh Al-Zahra (peace be upon her), which is a monthly magazine issued by the library and specializes in the affairs of Muslim women, and in this section there is an archive for all issues of this magazine with the ability to read or download it.