The Indexing and Information Systems Center of the Intellectual and Cultural Affairs Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine launched recently a service free of charge for researchers and specialists.
The director of the center of the Library and House of Manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine; Sayed. Hassanein Al-Mousawi, said to Al-Kafeel Network: “This service is one of a set of electronic services launched by the library and the center in particular. The index allows a search system in the library’s containers (paper or electronic) through the following website: https://lccis.net/web/guest/home. It provides the features of simple and advanced searches in the collections of the electronic printed library, as well as allows beneficiaries to access the site through an Internet browser. "
He added: "The containers' index is divided into several sections, including the index of books, periodicals, manuscripts, and university thesis, as well as visual materials. They are all available for search, perusal and borrowing in various forms, whether direct (internal) or electronic. It also provides an author browsing service that will provide an information base about the authors, as well as their various authorships.
Al-Mousawi stated: "The site provides a list of headers of topics in both Arabic and English, as these services reduce time and effort of the researcher enabling him to access to the information he needs in the easiest way."
He explained: "The site is characterized by ease of use and avoiding the complexities that distract the beneficiary, as well as being free of advertisements that confuse the search by providing a link data service that works to expose the library's sources on search engines without directly entering the library website."
Al-Mousawi noted: “The most important features of this indexing are:
- Providing simple and complex searches and different search capabilities according to the users' permission.
- The possibility of using Boolean links not in complex searches, and the possibility of merging between them using these links.
- Providing an alphabetical list of the discovered words to help the user choose the keywords.
- The possibility to sort and restrict search results to different fields.
- The possibility to display the full data of the search results in (MARC) format or in the bibliographic description.
- The possibility to display complete copy information and the status of each copy in the application.
- The possibility to choose books and group them in the book bag.
- The possibility to move from search results to reference lists and display related works.
- The system saves previous researches during the same research session and allows them to be repeated.
- Making the library index available on the Internet."