The works in the project of the Al-Kafeel technical garage have achieved advanced completion rates, and according to the statement of the head of the Department of Engineering projects at the Al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, Engineer Dea' Majeed Al-Sa'igh, the body overseeing directly the implementation of the project from the design and execution sides, the achievement ratios of the project reached 80%, which is a good progress in the works in line with the schedules and the technical and engineering implementation.
He added: "The executing company of the project, which is one of the strategic projects adopted by the Al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine -the two companies Ard Al-Quds for General Contracting Ltd and Al-Kafeel for General investments- could achieve this stage in record time and with acceptable ratios despite some administrative matters subject to the routine of governmental departments to import special equipment and devices for the construction of the project's facilities, and the long waiting period in the Iraqi ports, especially that the project relies on special steel structures and roofs that were imported from Malaysia. And thanks to God, the one driving from the holy city towards the province of Najaf, can see the beautiful design and high accuracy of the project's facilities."
Mr. Al-Sa'igh explained: "According to the work plans, the project contains five sections:
- 1- Section (A), dedicated to the project's administration, and contains meeting rooms, cars parking, health facilities and a cafeteria, as well as halls and other service rooms such as the room of control (for the electric, warning, fire.. systems), and it is built in three floors. Its completion rate is of 75 %. This section includes also a gas station that is in the phase of final examinations, and it has been running during the last Ziyarat Arba'een for experimenting it, its capacity of one million and seventy-three thousand litres of fuel (petrol and diesel) by 29 reservoirs, each of them has the capacity of 37 thousand litres. This gas station includes also an administration building and private control rooms.
- 2- Section (B), dedicated to the workshops for the maintenance of small vehicles, its completion percentage is of 90%.
- 3- Section (C) dedicated to the maintenance of the large vehicles, its completion percentage is of 85%.
- 4- Section (D), a parking compound (for light and heavy vehicles), its completion percentage is of 75%.
- 5- Section (E), a machines' garage on two floors, the first floor is for the large camions, and the second floor for smaller ones. Its capacity is of 225 vehicles and its completion percentage is of 70%.
The complex was provided by systems of electricity, rainwater, oils, fire warning, and alarm. In addition to a network of primary and secondary roads, and it is surrounded by a fence and centralized gateways.