The technical and engineering staff working on the project of linking the basements of Imam al-Hussayn and of Imam al-Jawad (peace be upon both of them) inside the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) with the external expansion basements, has completed important stages within the specifications and designs prepared for it and defying all difficulties. The digging, treating the ground and reinforcing the walls were the works completed in this stage, to be an important starting point for what follows.
Engineer Diaa Majeed al-Sa'egh, head of engineering projects at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, explained to Al-Kafeel Global Network the following: "Wit God's blessing and the blessings of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), we have completed important stages of this vital project, despite all the circumstances that accompanied it; From the work of digging at deep levels under one of the gates of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine and its adjacent Iwans, considering the flow of groundwater, but all was completed thank God."
He continued: "Following the completion of the excavation work in a technical way using special mechanisms within the specific measurements that fit the levels of the basements and the expansion of the holy shrine, the floor was treated with special materials followed by its reinforcement by concrete floors and walls of concrete, as well as a wall of hollow cement block."
It is worth mentioning that this project is a continuation of the urban projects that are being implemented on the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al Abbas (Peace be upon him), in order to create a state of integration and interconnection between them, especially the projects that serve the same purpose. Many of which are:
- Connecting the basements of the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) with one point of bond.
- Alleviating the burdens of the visitors during their movement within these basements without having to go through the entrances of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine.
- Connecting the two basements of the expansion, which are located on both sides of the gate of Imam al-Hassan (peace be upon them) and between them.
- Creating one central point for the entrances and exits of all the basements (the sanctuary and the expansion).
- If the project is completed, it may be allocated to women and this will create additional space for them.