The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine continues to provide logistical support to demonstrators in the holy city of Karbala, where they have been providing them with food and drink since the protests began late last month. The servants of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) stood in the service tent to distribute the bounties and blessings of Aba al-Fadl (peace be upon him).
Thousands of meals prepared at the host restaurant of the Holy Shrine then distributed on a daily basis in the demonstration center in the heart of the city of Karbala; Tarbiya Square. The holy shrine provided all-day drinking water, tea and other things.
Also, the Staff of the Holy Shrine in form of a service team commence their task of cleaning the demonstration area, in addition to the provision of containers, which were distributed around the Tarbiya Square and the streets leading to it.
Furthermore, the service tent of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine in the area provides places for prayers.
For their part, the demonstrating crowd of the sons of Karbala expressed their happiness for the service provided by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine for the demonstrators, thanking them for being proactive in all that serves the citizen and Iraqi society.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.