For the third time during this month, the servants of the two holy shrines of Imam al-Hussayn and of al-Abbas (peace be upon both of them) marched in support of peaceful protests undergoing in several Iraqi provinces, claiming the legitimate rights guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution and supported by the supreme religious authority.
The march began from the Qibla Gate of the Holy Shrine of Aba Al Fadl Al Abbas (peace be upon him) passing through the Shrine of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him) where the servants of the Imam al-Hussayn's (p) holy shrine joined them, then marching to the place of the demonstrations; Al Tarbiya Square passing by Qibla Street, carrying banners calling for changes to the electoral law and the electoral commission and to combat widespread administrative and financial corruption in state institutions. The participants emphasized on the peaceful aspect of the demonstrations and the preservation of public properties because it is a part of the money of the Iraqi people.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.