The Al Kafeel Super speciality Hospital, affiliated with the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, announced the sending of a medical assistance convoy accompanied by a medical team of various specialties to the injured protesters in Dhi Qar province, who were injured in the recent sad events, and are currently being treated at the Al Hussein Educational Hospital in the province, including critical cases.
This initiative is part of a series of previous humanitarian initiatives of the hospital, and the continuation of its services since its inception and as part of the program (doctors without wages).
The hospital administration stated that: "Based on the cases present at the hospital, a medical and therapeutic team of different specialties has been sent to contribute to the treatment of the large numbers of injured, and to attempt to send critical cases to Al Kafeel Hospital in Karbala to ensure that the necessary measures are taken."
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators in Karbala, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.
- Opening a tent for the medical training and rescue, to train the protesters on first aid of critical cases, in addition to contributing to rescue the wounded.
-Sending logistic aid convoys to support the protesters in the Tahrir Square in Baghdad.