The Relief and Support Division of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine through its units deployed in a number of governorates and the associated logistical support processions, continues tirelessly to support the movement of peaceful demonstrations and demonstrators, including the Babylon Governorate Unit that harnessed its efforts to provide what is needed for the demonstrators, while they are in the demonstration yards in three governorates (Babylon - Karbala, Baghdad).
The support for these processions was on two parts. The first is to direct support convoys to the Protesters Great Square (Tahrir Square) in the capital, Baghdad. All necessary assistance has been provided to contribute to their aid and assistance until their legitimate demands are met.
As for the second part, it is the continuous support for the demonstrators of Babylon Governorate, by opening marquees for service, through which the aid from food and medical and other assistance has been distributed.
And the third part was for the demonstrators of the holy city of Karbala in their central demonstrations square, Al-Ahrar Square, where food aid was distributed to the demonstrators.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators in Karbala, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.
- Opening a tent for the medical training and rescue, to train the protesters on first aid of critical cases, in addition to contributing to rescue the wounded.
-Sending logistic aid convoys to support the protesters in the Tahrir Square in Baghdad.