The project of the second education and teaching complex is one of the most important projects of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine for its strategic dimension to complement the first and third complexes. It is located on the road Karbala - al-Hurr.
The project is established on an estimated area of 10.710 square meter. The facilities of this group include:
- Two schools for boys with classrooms, labs and other educational facilities in three floors on a total area of 2400 m2.
- A kindergarten on an area of 1250 square meter also in three floors.
- Sports hall of multiple uses on an area of 1300 square meter.
- A school for girls on a total area of 2400 square meter
- Gardens and main and sub- roads.
Head of the Engineering Projects Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, Eng. Dea’ Majeed Al-Sa'egh, spoke to the al-Kafeel Network about this project: "The ongoing work in this project has witnessed remarkable development, being divided into multiple joints and facilities. The works are executed in a parallel way in order to respect the agreed timings and specifications. The works include: Finishing works such as interior and exterior wall coverings, systems, roofing works, wall cladding works, cooling and ventilation systems, doors and windows installation, all of which have modern designs that fit in with nature of each facility, while maintaining the architectural harmony of the first group."
Making sure that the works match the validated designs, and the materials used in the construction are adequate o the laboratory tests and quality control.