The General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine declared this Saturday, 29th Jumada Ula 1441 AH, corresponding to January 25, 2020 AH, "The news circulating today about the installation of a number of tents in the demonstration squares in the capital Baghdad and the rest of the provinces by the Holy Shrine is not true."
Stressing: "The news circulated in the media on social media is unfounded."
Adding: "It supports the peaceful demonstrations guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution and supported by the supreme religious authority, to demand reform, free and a decent life."
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.