The artistic staff working in the department of the manufacture of the grids and dors of the Holy Shrines at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, have finished installing the gilded decorative frieze that is located between the two Quranic and poetic inscriptions at the top of the shrine's grid of Atheeb Al-Yamani known as (Safi Safa) - may God be pleased with him - in the holy Najaf.
The al-Kafeel global network met Mr. Nadhem Al-Ghurabi, head of the department of the manufacture of shrines' grids and doors, the authority that was honored with the design, implementation and installation of this grid, and who briefed us on the latest works, saying: “The work of installing the shrine's grid of Safi Safa is going in parallel lines in order to complete it within the set timelines. And after the completion of the installation of the Qur'anic inscription, the staff started the installation of the decorative frieze, which is one of the important parts of the grid, being located in the space separating the Quranic inscription and the poetic inscription. "
Regarding the shape and specifications of this part, Al-Ghurabi explained: "The decorative frieze has several specifications, including:
- The overall decorative frieze is approximately in form S-shaped.
- The frieze consists of (14) pieces, each piece is 128 cm long, 32 cm high and weighs 4 kg and is approximately 1 mm thick.
- Together, these pieces form the decorative frieze that surrounds the grid from its four sides, with an estimated length of (20 meters).
- Each piece is separated from one another, with a decorative shape, consistent with the general shape of the pieces.
- The frieze is made of copper, which is coated with pure gold.
- The inscriptions on it are floral inscriptions with Islamic connotations, and they were formed by artisanal methods, most of them were manual. "