The al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine has taken a series of precautionary and preventive measures from the Corona virus, a large part of which was already in place, and other measures were intensified such as additional campaigns to cleanse and sterilize its sanitary complexes, which are spread within the holy city of Karbala and outside it.
The Department of Service Affairs in the Holy Shrine bears the responsibility for the management of these complexes, through a unit specializing in these works, which staff were distributed over these complexes that intensified their procedures during this period, including:
- Providing sanitary complexes with additional quantities of hygiene products.
- Regular and frequent disinfection of all sanitary facilities.
- Increasing the ventilation of these complexes and making them work continuously.
- The comprehensive maintenance of all the equipment.
- Perfuming them with healthy and concentrated perfumes.
- Disinfection and sterilization of the areas adjacent to the sanitary complexes.
- Providing workers in the complexes with gloves and medical masks.
- Disinfection and sterilization of waste containers and vehicles for their transportation.
- Adding sterile materials especially for the water sources feeding these groups.