The technical staff working in the Department of Manufacture of grids and doors of the shrines of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, finished installing the upper roof and the grid's crown of the shrine of Lady Zaynab (peace be upon her) in the Syrian capital, Damascus, after they finished earlier its design and manufacture, which is the first product of the factory that is made for a shrine outside Iraq.
To add this masterpiece to the rest of the artifacts that were manufactured in this factory by Iraqi hands loving Ahl al-Bayt (may God’s prayers and peace be upon them), after contracting to manufacture the ceiling and grid's crown for the shrine of Lady Zaynab (peace be upon her) between the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine and one of the servants of Ahl al-Bayt (peace be upon them).
According to what was shown by Mr. Nadhem Al-Ghurabi, head of the aforementioned department, to the al-Kafeel Network: “The grid of the shrine of Lady Zaynab (peace be upon her) did not have a ceiling and an upper crown previously, so we started, after taking all administrative and technical procedures, to prepare its own designs and work on their implementation, and the work took about six months."
He explained: "The most important features of these pieces are:
- Designed and manufactured by Iraqi hands from the servants of the shrine of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
- The inscriptions and motifs were artistically inspired by the grid of the shrine of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas and his sister Zaynab (peace be upon them), to translate a small part of their sincere brotherhood and their close relationship.
- Efficient materials that are internationally recognized were used in the manufacture of the metal and wooden parts.
- The roof and the crown are the first part that is made for a shrine outside Iraq, and this in itself is a message that Iraqi minds and hands are capable of making such works.
- Craftsmanship and professionalism in the industry have been translated by creating a state of artistic and decorative harmony between the new and old parts."
Al-Ghurabi added: "As for the most important specifications, they are:
- The total weight of the roof and crown was (550 kg).
- About 250 kilograms of copper was used in its manufacture.
- 2 kg of 24 karat gold were used its gilding.
- The weight of wood used in the manufacture of the wooden structure is approximately (300 kg).
- The length is (4.15 meters), while the width is (3.15 cm) and its height is approximately (1.10 cm).
- Copper was used in its manufacture, in addition to the Burmese wood, from which the wood frame bearing the inscriptions and motifs was made, in addition to the gold which amount is estimated at (2 kg).
- The inscriptions used in it are Islamic floral inscriptions.
- The motifs and patterns were designed by the designers working in the manufacture of shrines doors and grids, who did their best.
- The fastening on the wooden structure in a hidden manner, which made it with the rest of the parts as one piece. "
It is worth noting that a major celebration was organized inside the shrine of Lady Zaynab (peace be upon her) on Tuesday evening, to celebrate this achievement.