The staffs of the Engineering Maintenance Department of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine were able to achieve advanced work stages of the lobby project for the treatment of those suffering from the novel Corona pandemic with less than estimated time. This lobby will be attached to the Hayat lobby in the medical city of Imam Hussein (peace be upon him) in the holy city of Karbala.
And on the works reached on its ninth day, the resident engineer, Ammar Salah Mahdi, briefed us stating, "We were able, praise be to God, and with the blessings of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him) and with the concerted efforts of the workers, to reach advanced stages, whether it was for the project or what was added to it from additional space. And the works are running in parallel lines and in all the joints of the project, to ensure that it is completed on time within what is technically planned, as follows:
- Completion of the covering and installation of the (sandwich panel) parts on the entire steel structure.
- Finishing the installation of the gypsum board on the mentioned sections.
- Finishing the installation of the sandwich panel on the walls of the bathrooms.
- Completion of the bathrooms flooring works.
As for the works that have reached advanced achievement rates, they are:
- Electrical wiring works have reached 70% completion rate, and work is currently underway to install sockets, boards and others.
- Plumbing work, with a completion rate of 85% that included wiring and establishing water pipes, fixing works for toilet seats, laundries, and water system, and work is under way to install water heaters.
- Installing doors and windows has reached an achievement rate of 80%.
- Separations between patients and the medical staff, the completion rate reached (80%).
- Secondary roofing works, the completion percentage reached (95%).
The engineer, Ammar, explained: "Cooling work is ongoing by working on the Air Fresh system to distribute fresh air through ducts to the rooms, as well as the presence of air conditioning devices in each room, in addition to the presence of other vacuum ducts to draw air from the rooms."
As for the added area, he explained: "The added space, which amounts to (250) square meters, came to create a stream of transportation for the Corona patients to the new lobby from the Hayat lobby in the hospital on the one hand, and on the other hand it also contains four rooms allocated for a break to the medical and nursing staff, sterilization and pharmacy, in addition to a hall with dimensions (27 meters x 3 meters) will be used to receive patients."
It is noteworthy that all the aforementioned work proceeds in parallel with each other and in an increasing frequency over the course of 24 hours, divided into three morning, evening and night shifts, according to the specialty and direction of each work, and ensuring that there is no intersection between them.