The Indexing and Information Systems Center of the Library and House of Manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, is still organizing its activities and events electronically, and it has prepared a special curriculum for a set of topics of interest during this period. Today it organizes a scientific workshop on a topic of great importance, which is (Arab documentation and archive), in cooperation with the al-Ameed Intellectual and Scientific Society and the al-Ameed and al-Kafeel universities, on Tuesday (8th Dhu al-Qi'dah 1441 AH) corresponding to (30 June 2020) through the program of (ZOOM Cloud Meetings) with participants from inside and outside Iraq.
This was stated to the al-Kafeel Network by the Center's director; Professor Hassanein Al-Mousawi, who added, “The workshop will include reading three worksheets that will be delivered by each of:
- Dr. Alaa Abu Al-Hassan Ismail: Member of the International Council for Archives (ICA) and Advisor to the Arab Regional Branch of the International Archives (Arabica), and Director General of the Iraqi Book and Documentation House.
- Hassana Hussein Mohieldin: a full-time professor at the Lebanese University - Faculty of Media and Advisor to the President of the University for Library Affairs at Beirut Arab University.
- Dr. Muslim Awad Mohalhal: Dhi Qar University, Dhi Qar Center for Historical and Archaeological Studies.
- Dr. Amal Qashour: Assistant Professor at the Lebanese University, Faculty of Information (Department of Libraries and Information).
- Professor Jazaa Ahmad Qadir: The Jen Foundation for the Revival of Kurdish Documentary and Journalistic Heritage, Director of the Library of the College of Agricultural Sciences at the University of Sulaymaniyah.
And Mousawi explained: "We hope from this workshop to shed light on the reality of the Arab archive and the mechanisms of preserving it and the most effective way for that, because its preservation is a civilized value that confirms that peoples take care of their past and appreciate their history, existence and value."
He explained: "Those wishing to participate in the workshop that will start at five o'clock and continue for two hours, can enter via the registration link on the Zoom program while verifying the presence of the password for the meeting in the e-mail. Participants will be granted a certificate of participation sent via e-mail, and the registration link is: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_k3QRbe3AQtC8QwYLyyPjxA
Also, there is a live broadcast on Krupp (Indexers Forum), the official page of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine Library.