The Department of Engineering Projects at the al-Abbas's Holy Shrine announced the end of the decoration and inscriptions for the Qibla gate of the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) from the inside, in the area confined between the old door and the new entrance, and it will be inaugurated this afternoon Saturday (18 Dhu al-Hijjah 1441 AH) Corresponding to (August 8, 2020).
This is a quick overview of the most important of the conducted works:
- Design and implementation work by the Ard al-Quds Construction Contracting Company, with exclusively Iraqi staff, and under the direct supervision of the Engineering Projects Department.
- The executed works created a state of architectural and engineering symmetry in harmony with the ancient inscriptions, as well as what is found inside the al-Abbas's holy shrine.
- The design and implementation touches have preserved the general architectural texture of the Holy Shrine, and the harmony between all the inscriptions and decorations of the gate despite their abundance.
- The wall of the gate is decorated with inscriptions and decorations consisting of six large arches framed by a golden frame, containing inscriptions and ornaments inscribed on the Kashi Karbalai and based on other alabaster inscriptions and motifs, and these arches are surmounted by other arches resting on the top of their pyramid, making three arches that are also framed by a pure gold frame that contains an ornate ribbon and a Qur’anic inscription. The top of this arch is attached to a gilded frame surrounding the ceiling of the door from the inside, and between its upper and lower parts there is a gilded Qur’anic inscription. And these works are repeated on each side.
- The ceiling includes many vegetable inscriptions, ornaments and Muqarnas (which resemble beehives). They are decorated with streaky vegetal inscriptions and drawings inspired by the inscriptions of the Holy Shrine, and are framed with gilded frames according to the design of each part, as they were distributed over all areas of the upper ceiling of the gate.
- The ceiling also includes (14) domes as an indication of the number of the infallible imams (peace be upon them). It is encased in the gilded streaky kashi Karbalai'.
- The main entrance to the ceiling from the side of the gate contains three Qur’anic inscriptions, shaped like an oval, preceded by muqarnas.