Al-Ameed University, affiliated to the Education and Higher Education Authority at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, has made progress within the global Scopus database for scientific research for the year 2020, after it published (25) scientific papers.
University President Prof. Dr. Muayyad Al-Ghazali explained to Al-Kafeel Network, saying: “This ranking the university obtained constituted a clear difference and a remarkable leap from the previous year, in which the university was distinguished by publishing only 12 papers, and this progression in the growth of scientific research in our university has many reasons, the most important of which are:
- Relying on the vision of the General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (P) holy shrine and its senior officier in support of scientific research, by urging writing scientific research and keeping pace with global scientific development, and allocating an annual budget for scientific research.
- Setting up an annual plan for scientific research, based on the scientific affairs department’s monitoring of research results, knowledge of completed research, research in progress, and research planned to be completed during the year.
- Reward for scientific research published internationally in the databases of Scopus and Clarirvate.
- Supporting the ethics of scientific research by conducting training workshops, scientific courses and symposiums on scientific research, methods of publishing research, and how to publish internationally.
- Encouraging faculty members to publish scientific research in accredited international journals.
- Requesting the deanships of the colleges to set up annual research plans for scientific research, and to form scientific committees to monitor the progress in scientific research."
Al-Ghazali concluded his speech: “In light of this remarkable increase in the scale of the global scientific output of our university, it came only through the support of the holy al-Abbas’s shrine and the Education and Higher Education Commission in it. It is a modest gift in exchange for what they offered us in particular and for the scientific process and the conduct of academic education in our dear country in general".