The Department of Rituals, Processions and Hussayni Institutions in Iraq and the Islamic World of the Holy Shrines of Imam al-Hussayn and al-Abbas (peace be upon both of them) issued health recommendations for the mourning and service processions that will participate in the rituals of the Ziyarat Arba'een, in line with the directives of the health authorities to preserve and contribute to public safety due to the spread of the Coronavirus outbreak.
The health recommendations stipulated the following:
- Gloves must be worn while working in the procession and going out for funerals and Hussayni councils.
- Sterilizers and disinfectants must be used continuously during this period and sterilize processions and hussayniyat.
- Adherence to the social distancing during the mourning procession and the majlis in Hussayniyat.
- Cooking food in the Hussainiyat and places designated for cooking, and within hygienic conditions.
- Food and drink will be distributed to visitors in tight containers.
- The course of the procession during the funeral takes place on the lines designated for the procession.
- Forming a group from each procession or organization, of (2-3) people for each group, which task is to urge the wearing of gloves and masks, sterilization and adherence to health conditions.
- The participation of anyone in the mourning and Hussayni gatherings should be forbidden if they are not wearing gloves and masks.