The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, represented by the Indexing and Information Systems Center of the Intellectual and Cultural Affairs Department, participated in the conference held by the Ministry of Planning for a comprehensive review of the sustainable development agenda, and the preparation of a recovery plan that responds to the health and economic effects of the Covid / 19 pandemic, which was held in cooperation with the United Nations Development Program simultaneously with the fifth anniversary of the declaration of the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda.
The center's participation was within the axis of the roles of the partners in achieving the sustainable development goals, as the director of the aforementioned center, Mr. Hassanein Ahmed Al-Mousawi, presented what the al-Abbas's holy shrine achieved in the 2030 sustainable development goals, including 12 to 13 goals in heritage preservation, health insurance and communities' development, and the rest of the health, urban and economic projects that it adopted within the (17) goals.
Among the points that were presented and which the Holy Shrine worked on to achieve these goals, are the following:
- Protecting terrestrial ecosystems, combating desertification and halting land degradation and loss of diversity.
- Establishing resilient infrastructure, stimulating inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and encouraging innovation.
- Ensuring that water and sanitation services are available for all.
- Ensuring equitable and quality education for all and promoting lifelong learning opportunities.
- Ensuring a healthy life and promoting the welfare of society of all ages.
- eliminating poverty.
The attendees praised this achievement, as Dr. Ammar Marei Hassan, a representative of the Ministry of Planning, stated: “We commend the efforts of the al-Abbas's holy shrine for being an institution that was able to enter this field with full force and was able to leave fingerprints in this field. We have noticed this clearly during our visit to its projects, where we found an integrated team working on the sustainable development goals. It was able to achieve what some governmental departments and some concerned ministries had not achieved in sustainable development. Thus, we salute the holy shrine represented by its integrated team that works to serve the nation."