The staff of the engineering maintenance and construction department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine have resumed their rehabilitation work of Dar al-Hanan for severe mental disability in the province of Karbala, as part of the series of its humanitarian and service projects in the benefit of a number of important sectors. Noting that the work on this project was stopped due to the repercussions of the Corona pandemic, as the department's staff were working in the Hayat buildings built by the Holy Shrine to treat the affected people of this virus.
Engineer Mohammad Mustafa Shaker al-Taweel, head of the construction works division of the department, which is the body responsible for carrying out these works, explained to the al-Kafeel Network, saying: “After the completion of the first phase of the works in the house, which included:
-The rehabilitation, maintenance and painting of the house's facade,
- The installation of water sewage pipes for a distance of (120) meters, with the construction of new manholes and linking this line to the main station,
- Rehabilitating the bathrooms of the house,
- Repairing the damaged water pipes, electrical wiring and other works,
- Maintaining the central kitchen of the house,
- Replacing the electrical wiring of the house,
- Providing the necessary lighting,
- Rehabilitating, repainting and making some rooms suitable for use,
- Cladding some rooms and the middle yard of the house.
Our staff then started the second phase, which is the restoration and maintenance of the roof of the building to prevent rainwater from leaking into it."
He added: "The area of the roof of the house of (1500) square meters, was covered with three insulation layers. And with the grace of God Almighty these works were completed within a short period."