The Technology Forum for Karbala is organized by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine in cooperation with the Karbala Education Directorate, and aims to contribute to knowledge of the basic, successful and effective principles and skills for education and to facilitate dealing with electronic platforms and their employment In order to ensure that the necessary educational goals are achieved,.
The forum started this morning, Saturday 24 Jumada Ula 1442 AH corresponding to January 9, 2021 in the Imam al-Hassan conference hall at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, in the presence of representatives from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the Ministry of Education, as well as representatives from a number of universities and specialists in this field from governmental institutions and departments.
The forum began with the recitation of verses from the Holy Quran by Ammar Al-Hilli, after which he recited Surat Al-Fatihah as a tribute to the martyrs of Iraq, then listening to the national anthem and the hymn of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine (the melody of Pride).
This was followed by a speech by the General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine delivered by the Acting Head of its Education and Higher Education Department; Prof. Dr. Ahmed Al-Kaabi, which began by conveying the greetings of the Senior Official to the Holy Shrine and its Secretary-General to those in charge of this activity, wishing them that achieving the results they seek will serve the educational process, and he emphasized on the necessity of concerted efforts between institutions, especially governmental ones, to unify efforts and provide optimal service to the country and the citizen.
The Karbala Education Directorate had a speech in this forum given by its General Director, Mr. Abbas 'Odah, in which he explained that the current circumstances urged us to follow various educational means, the most important of which is the use of technology.
After that, the activities of the forum continued, which witnessed the presentation of research papers centered on the reality of e-learning and were as follows:
- The reality of electronic education in the Ministry of Higher Education / Prof. Dr. Amer Salim Al Amir, Coordinator of the Ministerial Team for E-Education / Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Digital Transformation by Prof. Dr. Youssef Khalaf Youssef, Director of the Entrepreneurial Projects Department at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- The future of networks in Iraq and its security / Dr. Hammoud Shukr Mahmoud / Cisco Regional Representative in Iraq / Mansour University College.
- Google applications used in e-learning / Prof. Uday Ali Ahmed / The University of Technology, Director of the Center for Multimedia and E-Learning
- Educating the individual and society to be aware from cybercrime towards a safe society / Professor Muhammad Mardan Mahmoud / consultant specializing in cybercrime
The activities of the forum will resume this afternoon, to complete the research readings of the forum, after which it will be concluded with its recommendations and results.