The Department of Engineering Maintenance and Construction in the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine has announced the completion of the cladding of more than 1,300 square meters of the areas that have been added to the Saqi courtyard, located on the right side of al-Qibla Gate Street to the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him). These works are conducted after the demolition and removal of the buildings that were on the added area, have been completed.
These works are part of the external expansion project that will contribute to providing large areas in the service of visitors, to facilitate their movement as well as the movement of condolences processions, and to reduce the momentum occurring in this street, especially during the special Ziyarat seasons. These works are part of the largest external expansion witnessed by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine.
The official of the Construction Works Division in the aforementioned department, Engineer Mohamad Mostafa al-Taweel, said to the al-Kafeel network: “The cladding works are carried out using paving stone (Kerbstone), after all the preparatory works have been completed and an integrated infrastructure network (electricity - sewage - communications - cameras - drinking water) was installed. Also, the fence adjacent to the cladded area on the side of the adjacent markets has been completed, in addition to installing a sidewalk that separates the added area from the street."
Al-Taweel explained: “Work is progressing at an increasing pace to complete the cladding of the remaining area of this courtyard, which covers an area of 1610 square meters. And the transition will be made from one stage to another until this added space is fully completed. "