The al-Kafeel mineral water plant celebrate these days, the eighth anniversary of its opening. The plant is considered one of the important projects implemented by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, which supports the national economy and aims to support the local product, and was introduced at a time when the market was overwhelmed with the imported product.
The factory, which was implemented by the Projects Department in the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and was inaugurated in mid-Rajab of 1435 AH, is one of the factories of the Al-Kafeel Company for Public Investments and was able in a short record period, and within what is technically and productively planned, to gain the trust of the Iraqi consumer, until it became a requirement for most of them, due to the product's efficiency and its conformity with international specifications.
- The factory was established at the Saqqa site / 2 in the Al-Ibrahimiyyah area on the road (Al-Hillah - Karbala) on an area estimated at (1000 square meters).
- The project is part of the Holy Shrine plan aimed at supporting local production and reducing the imported products.
- The factory was built in modern methods, according to the highest approved degrees of quality, using advanced designs and is equipped with machines and equipment of the latest technologies.
- The water used in the plant is well water, because it contains minerals that are beneficial to the human body, and this is one of the features that characterized the laboratory, because the liquefaction water contains chlorine that leads to the formation of a carcinogen when mixed with ozone and ultraviolet rays.
- Filling and capping are also carried out automatically without the intervention of workers' hands, and by means of filters that help kill air bacteria, in order to ensure that they are not mixed with sterile water and to ensure the safety of complete sterilization of the packages.
- The factory produces different sizes of containers, including small mugs with a capacity of 250 ml, and large containers of (7 liters) and (19 liters).
- The factory relies on raw materials with great efficiency, starting from the cardboard material for packaging and also the material used to manufacture the mugs, all of which are of high quality and are not subject to the recycling process.
- The laboratory obtained certificates from the Standardization and Quality Control Authority as well as the Ministry of Health, where this water was subjected to a laboratory examination process, and it was found that it conforms to internationally approved specifications and is reliable on human health, which led to building confidence in this product.
- The factory contributed to providing job opportunities that reduced existing unemployment.
- The laboratory is subject to all standards and safety conditions followed by the Ministry of Health.