The Digital Information Center of the Intellectual and Cultural Affairs Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine has launched a service digital platform that aims to support the scientific movement in the country, by providing a set of office and research services to researchers, graduate students and Iraqi university professors.
The director of the center affiliated to the library of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, Mr Ammar al-Jawad stated: “After many months of planning and continuous work, and with the concerted efforts of the employees of the center, we were able to launch this scientific platform that includes a number of services of interest to the Iraqi researchers and facilitates the task of obtaining the information. The platform is designed and programmed by the center's cadres. "
Indicating: “The online platform that can be accessed via (click here) includes the following services:
- Remote loan service: It is a window through which the Iraqi researcher is enabled to borrow a number of digital resources available in the library of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and for a period of seven days through his e-mail.
- Determination rate of plagiarism service: a window that provides its services to students of postgraduate studies in Iraqi universities, to find out the percentage of plagiarism in their research through the (turnitin) program approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education, and also through their e-mail only.
- Defining the national projects managed by the Digital Information Center, which are:
- Ø First: The project to preserve the Iraqi academic production.
- Ø Second: The Iraqi Digital Repository Project for University Dissertations and Theses.
- Ø Third: The national project on which the work is based now, which is the Iraqi Digital Library.
Al-Jawad continued: “The researcher is also able to review the center’s publications, search for the large digital content that it owns, and review bibliographic information for various sources of information, such as books, research articles, articles, dissertations and thesis that have been discussed in Iraqi universities and in various scientific and humanitarian specializations.”
Stressing: "All national projects and services provided by the center are free services, in support of the scientific movement and to contribute to the advancement of the academic scientific level in the country."