The Nuclear Medicine Center at Al-Kafeel Specialist Hospital of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine announced the provision of radioactive iodine in doses: (5 cm, 10cm, 20cm, 30cm) and Technetium; to perform the tests with the Gama camera device.
The center stated that the Technetium is used to conduct a wide range of important and accurate diagnostic tests, as follows:
- Examination of the bones and detection of their tumors.
- Follow-up of fractures and osteoarthritis.
- Examination of the kidneys to see the extent of its course and its functional state.
- Examination of the thyroid gland to find out the causes of the increase in its hormones, and to evaluate the nodes in it.
- Examination of the bile ducts.
- Examination of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Microscopy (a test used for children with gastrointestinal bleeding).
- Parathyroid gland examination.
- Check the capacity of the heart muscle.
- A complete examination of the body with radioactive iodine.
- Lung examination.
- Gastric emptying examination.