The plan developed by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine for visitors on the Day of Arafah included many service and security joints, and gave great importance to the preventive and health aspect, as the shrine took intensive preventive and precautionary measures along with the cooperation of the supporting departments and volunteers on a work space that extended from inside the holy sanctuary to the outer perimeter and the main entrances to the Holy Shrine.
The staff of the concerned departments competed in their field of service, doing everything in their power, in line with the plan prepared for the Ziyarat that pertains to this aspect, in addition to providing comfort and an appropriate atmosphere of faith for visitors. Among these works are:
- Continuous sterilization of the shrine and adherence to health procedures and recommendations.
- Urging the wearing of masks and educating visitors.
- Organizing the movement of visitors and determining their entry and exit paths, in order to create a state of social distancing and reduce crowding as much as possible.
- Activating paths for people with special needs to perform their Ziyarat rituals easily.
- Providing large numbers of Ziyarat and prayer books, and Turbah in various places, which contributes to reducing overcrowding.
- Persistently perfume the sanctuary and fumigate it, and provide the appropriate atmosphere for the visitor to perform his rituals of worship.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the holy sanctuary's carpets and replace any carpet that needs replacing.
- Continuing cleaning operations inside and outside the holy shrine during and after the Ziyarat.
- Deploying a number of staffs inside the courtyard to guide visitors to the destination they want to go to, in a way that contributes to the smooth flow of movement and avoids overcrowding
- Organizing the entry and exit of visitors to the Sanctuary and the basements of Imam al-Hussayn and Imam al-Jawad (peace be upon them), which are designated for women, to avoid overcrowding.
- Sterilization of the expansion basements and resting places for visitors according to a schedule established for this purpose, using portable and gaseous pumps.
- Deploying mobile teams to sterilize visitors, and other stationary teams deployed at the entrances to the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine.