The Supervising Committee of the Sacred Defense Fatwas Conference announced the themes of its third international scientific conference, which will be held on June 17, 2022 corresponding to 17 Dhu al-Qi’dah 1443 AH, under the slogan: “The Religious Authority is the fortress of the Islamic Nation” and under the title: (The Sacred Defense Fatwas Between the past and the present, the two religious authorities, His Eminence Sayed al-Sistani and Sheikh Fathallah al-Isfahani: are similar in goals and different methods). The committee invited researchers and specialists to participate in it.
The conference, which will be organized and sponsored by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, will be through the following themes:
First - The climate of the two fatwas: a study in the political, social, psychological and other dimensions.
This axis is concerned with providing balancing readings between the circumstances in which each of the two fatwas was accomplished by studying the political, social and psychological dimensions of each.
Second - The legal foundations: This topic studies the foundations upon which the fatwas are based, and they are the religious, legal and epistemological foundations from which the two scholars sprang up.
Third - Receiving the two fatwas: This theme sheds light on the multiple readings of the two fatwas at the local, Arab and international levels, and the impact of these readings in showing the impact of the religious authority and its national discourse in maintaining civil and societal peace.
Fourth - Ethical, educational and moral values in the commandments of Sayed al-Sistani: This topic studies the moral and educational values in the commandments of His Eminence al-Sistani and their impact on building an effective national personality and preserving the national fabric, based on a religious discourse with significant purposes.
Fifth - Speicher massacre: This axis aims to evoke legal, social and psychological visions and readings about the Speicher massacre, emphasizing the goal of terrorism that wanted to tear the national cohesion, and replace the spirit of good and faithful citizenship by the spirit of murder and terrorism. It is preferable for the honorable researchers to note this axis from two sides: one of them is this massacre in itself as the subject of scientific research, and the other is looking at this massacre as one of the important premises of the sacred defense fatwa.
- ü The research should be committed to the scientific research methodology and its internationally recognized steps, and written in either Arabic or English.
- ü The research is submitted in print on A4 paper in one copy with a CD of 15-30 pages, in Simplified Arabic font and size 14, and the research can be sent to the conference e-mail that is mentioned below.
- ü Submit a summary of the research in both Arabic and English, up to 500 words.
- ü Please adhere to the announced conference themes.
- ü The al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine is responsible for accommodation, transportation and hospitality.
- ü A group will be selected from among the participating research papers to deliver at the conference sessions.
- ü Accepted papers are published in a special edition of the conference proceedings.
- ü The last date for receiving abstracts is March 1, 2022, and the last date for receiving research is April 1, 2022.
- ü We ask the honorable researchers to stay away from the historical narrative of events, and to rely on analytical and critical studies, because they are the basis for accepting the research or not.
- ü The research shall be sent in the name of the President of the Preparatory Committee to the following addresses: