The Medical Affairs Division at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine has started implementing its medical, treatment and preventive plan for the Ziyarat Arba'een, with the participation of hundreds of medical and nursing staff and volunteers, with the support and coordination with the Iraqi Ministry of Health.
The Division official, Dr. Osama Abdel Hassan, told Al-Kafeel Network, that: "Preparation for this plan began a long time ago, based on the directives of the Senior Official of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine and its administration, which gave it great importance and made it part of its general service plan for this season, due to the exceptional health circumstance the world is going through."
He added: "The plan was in the form of various points starting from the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), passing through the areas close to it and ending with the main axes that visitors take towards the city of Karbala, according to the following:
- Opening two medical detachments, one for men and the other for women, inside the holy courtyard.
- Deploying small-sized ambulances to transport sick cases from the Courtyard to the centers.
- Deployment of emergency teams working to transfer cases to external detachments.
- Opening the Umm al-Baneen Medical Center to receive men's cases outside the Holy Shrine.
- Opening the al-Siddiqah al-Taherah Women's Medical Center for women. These two centers are located near the gate of Imam al-Hadi (peace be upon him).
- Opening two detachments, one for men and the other for women, near the Qibla gate of the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
- Opening a field hospital near Baghdad gate, under the name: (The Hospital of the Martyr Wisam al-Mussawi).
- Opening one mobile and another fixed resuscitation units, in cooperation with the Department of Health Operations.
- Deploying a number of ambulances near each detachment or medical center, equipped with paramedics, to transport any case to the nearest medical evacuation unit.
- Opening medical centers in the service complexes of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, on the Baghdad axis in the Sheikh al-Kulayni complex, on the Najaf axis in the external host of the Holy Shrine and the procession of Umm al-Baneen (peace be upon her), and on the Babylon axis in the al-'Alqami service complex, in cooperation with the health directorates in Diwaniyah and Maysan and the Hussayni Health Department in Karbala.
- Opening a modern and advanced field hospital near the procession of Umm al-Baneen (peace be upon her), in coordination with the Karbala Health Department and the Iraqi Red Crescent.
- Preparing a medical and treatment team specialized in the Corona epidemic, to treat and rescue any suspected case inside or near the Holy Shrine, and transfer it to centers designated for this purpose."
And Abd al-Hassan stated: "The following supported and were involved in this plan: The al-Siddiqah al-Taherah Medical Unit, the al-Kafeel Scout Association, the University and School Relations Division, the Al-Kafeel Academy for First Aid and Medical Training, and other supportive departments from within the al-Abbas Shrine in addition to other bodies such as the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Defense.”