The al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine has taken a series of organizational measures, through which it was able to contribute to absorbing the momentum of the Arba'een visitors, inside and outside the holy shrine and the roads leading to it, and creating a state of fluidity in the movement despite the large number of visitors, which reached its climax in the last two days of the blessed Ziyarat.
These measures have paid off, and the staff of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine has been able to implement what was planned in advance on the ground and came out with good results.
Among the most important of those measures implemented by a number of departments of the Holy Shrine, are:
- Defining gates for female and male visitors that were completely isolated from each other, in addition to allocating special places for each of them in the holy courtyard.
- Determining the paths for the movement of the mourning processions in a way that does not intersect with the movement and path of the visitors.
- Deploying human and metal barriers to draw paths to facilitate the movement of visitors at the gates of the Holy Shrine and inside the sanctuary, back and forth.
- Allocating the Holy Sanctuary and the Courtyard of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) for male visitors only, while allocating both the basements of Imam al-Hussayn and al-Jawad (peace be upon them) for women only.
- Deploying a number of guides inside and outside the holy courtyard for the purpose of guiding visitors to their destination.
- Creating human barriers inside and outside the holy courtyard to ensure the continuity of movement in two lanes back and forth.
- Opening more outlets to inspect visitors at the gates of the Holy Shrine.
- Installing dividers in the middle of the streets leading to the square between the two Holy Shrines, in addition to al-Qibla Gate Street to the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), to organize the movement of visitors back and forth.
- Installing metal paths and deploying guides outside the Holy Shrine back and forth, to ensure the smooth movement of visitors and processions.
- Determining the places for the service processions spread on both sides of the Qibla Gate Street of the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) away from the paths of the visitors’ movement, and these spaces were able to contribute to accommodating the large numbers of visitors.
- Installing dividers for the shrine of the hand of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), which is located outside the holy shrine opposite the gate of Imam Ali (peace be upon him), where women were isolated from men on the one hand, and ensuring the smooth movement of visitors in their entry and exit on the other hand.
In addition to other measures that were also taken to achieve the same goal.