The Department of Manufacture of grids and doors of Holy Shrines of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine announced that its technical staff have completed the installation of all parts of the grid of the left holy hand shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), in the factory's yard. This is the installation done before installing the grid in its specified place within the outer wall of the Holy Shrine, opposite the gate of the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him).
The head of the aforementioned department and the supervisor of the work, Mr. Nadhem al-Ghurabi, told Al-Kafeel Network, that: "The second and pre-final installation phase took place after the completion of the installation of enamel, gold plating, decorations and inscriptions for the grid, according to the set designs, taking into account any technical note. And this is what we have done at the present time, and thank God, all installation work has been completed without any technical problems in terms of design or installation.
And he indicated that: "The grid is octagonal in shape and is the first grid to be manufactured with this design, with a diameter of (3 meters) and a height of (2.85 meters), and a structure of stainless steel with a thickness of (2 mm). It was designed and executed with high precision and craftsmanship. It consists of:
- Eight lattices (Duhna), with a length of (190 cm) and a width of (1 meter), and they consist of (176) balls and (42) half-balls, distributed in (21) rows, in addition to the triangles of these lattices that are engraved with vegetal inscriptions inspired by the inscriptions on the grid of the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
- Eight corner columns, distributed around the perimeter of the grid, and they have inscriptions and vegetal decorations that are aligned with the 16 lattice columns that have a polygonal shape. And each column rests on a decorative base.
- A Qur’anic inscription band of 20 cm height surrounding the grid from all sides of its eight sections. It constitutes of verses from Surat al-Mutaffifeen which were written with gold on blue enamel. It is surrounded from the top by a decorative metal band of (6 cm) high.
- A poetic inscription band with a height of (20 cm) composed by the poet Ali al-Saffar, also distributed around the perimeter of the grid, written with gold water on the green enamel and is located above each lattice.
- A decorative band surrounding the eight parts of the grid, and its height is (28 cm). There are 16 decorative roses approximately circular in shape located in the middle of each part. There's also a silver middle decoration that separates the Qur’anic and poetic bands."