In continuation of the program prepared by the al-Abbas's(p) holy shrine to commemorate the days of the holy month of Ramadhan and the nights of Qadr, it has allocated a space to commemorate the blessed nights of Qadr in addition to recalling the calamity of the martyrdom of the Commander of the Faithful and the Master of the Guardians; Imam Ali Ibn Abi Taleb (peace be upon him), which will last for three days starting from the night of the wound on the eve of the nineteenth, until the day of martyrdom on twenty-first of the month of Ramadhan.
Among the most prominent of these mourning and service activities are:
- Spreading the signs of mourning, sadness and condolences throughout the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
- Preparing the necessary supplies for visitors to perform their worship acts in the revival of the Blessed nights of Qadr, and to contribute to their performance with ease, whether inside or outside the holy shrine within the spaces added to it recently, by providing them with the copies of the Holy Qur'an, books of supplications, Turbahs, etc.
- The establishment of the annual mourning Council of the al-Abbas’s (p) holy shrine, which is held in the courtyard of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
- Intensify the distribution of Iftar and Suhoor meals to visitors, in line with the numbers arriving in these days.
- Performing the ceremonies of reviving the nights of Qadr and visiting Imam al-Hussayn and his brother Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon both of them), in addition to visiting the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) in his martyrdom anniversary, on behalf of those registered in the program (breezes of Mercy), which was launched by the media department in cooperation with the division of Sayed Servants since the beginning of the blessed month through the “Ziyarat by Proxy” page.
- The organization of a council of condolence in the Hall of honor of the holy shrine for the servants of the Holy shrine that lasts for three days.
- The unified procession of condolences of the servants of the two holy shrines, which starts from the courtyard of the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) to the shrine of his brother Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him).
- Holding electronic and attendance condolence contests related to this sad anniversary.
- Preparing vehicles to transport the mourners from the people of Karbala and their procession to the shrine of the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him), to offer condolences at his holy shrine in Najaf and breaking their fast there.
- Launch a media plan to complement what it planned during the holy month of Ramadhan by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine's media department, to cover most of these activities and broadcast them free of charge via Free frequency for all satellite TV, with the broadcast of programs related to the commemoration of these events.
- The council of the month of Ramadhan continues to be held every evening with topics related to these events.
- Preparing large numbers of copies Holy Quran and books of supplications and Ziyarats inside and outside the holy shrine.
- The establishment of women's mourning and service events and activities by the women Centers and divisions of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine.
- Receiving mourners and mourning processions from inside and outside the Holy city of Karbala.