The sixth edition of the Holy Defense fatwa festival held by the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, represented by the Intellectual and Cultural Affairs Department and the al-Wafi foundation for documentation and studies, has achieved wide positive echoes that contributed to consolidating and highlighting this anniversary, in many aspects included in the curriculum of the two-day program.
The echoes reflected positively on the level of interaction, whether by the attendees or participants, on the one hand, and on the other, with wider and more comprehensive echoes at the media level that addressed this event, which is one of the most important festivals that commemorates and recalls the fatwa of the supreme religious authority for defense, which preserved Iraq and its sanctities until victory was achieved, and the liberation of what was usurped from the land of Iraq thanks to the response of the Iraqis, who made great sacrifices until victory was achieved.
This edition, which was held under the slogan: (the religious authority is the fortress of the Islamic Ummah), achieved the objectives of the preparatory committee through the activities of its program, the most important of which were:
- A word for the Senior Official of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, His Eminence Sayed Ahmad al-Safi.
- Organizing a vertical poem competition about the Blessed fatwa.
- Organizing a competition for short films, which was able to contribute to communicating the resonance of the fatwa.
- Organizing a competition for purposeful theatrical works, the chapters of which embodied important stages that passed through the Iraqis during the liberation battles.
- A scientific and research conference was held in cooperation with the Al-Ameed scientific and intellectual Association, and witnessed the participation of researchers from the Hawza and academic community, where (19) research papers were presented, in addition to organizing an academic scientific workshop
- Holding a Quranic evening in the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), organized by the Quranic projects center of the scientific complex of the Holy Quran at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, and dedicating the reward of what was recited to the martyrs of the Blessed fatwa
- The unveiling of the first twenty-three-part documentary encyclopedia about the Speicher massacre, prepared and authored by the Iraqi Center for the documentation of extremist crimes of the Department of intellectual and Cultural Affairs at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine.
- Holding an evening of popular poetry held in the square between the Two Holy Shrines, and the poems were about the Blessed fatwa and the response of Iraqis to it.
- Honoring a number of families of the Speicher crime martyrs
The staff of the media department has made great efforts to document and publish the activities of this festival, in particular in the electronic aspect on the official website of the holy shrine (Al-Kafeel Global Network), which was the only and exclusive news media source, in addition to the Al-Kafeel Center for artistic production, which was a source of visual media, and these two parties were able to convey the message and resonance of this festival inside Iraq and outside.