“This beautiful architectural edifice which is worthy of Abu Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him), started in the year (1432/2011), preceded by a full year of planning, design and study, in which the Shiite Endowment stressed on the need to maintain all architectural elements of Al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, thereby this project could be an extension and expansion of this beautiful authentic Holy Shrine of the Master Abu Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him).”
This came in the speech of the delegated Director of the company land of Jerusalem (Ard Al-Qods) - the company that had the honour of design and implementation - Hameed Majeed As-Sa'egh, at the opening ceremony of the first part of the horizontal expansion project of the Al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, which was held on Thursday morning 22 Rajab 1435 AH corresponding to 22 May 2014 in the hall of Imam Al-Hasan (peace be upon him).
He added: "We faced a lot of technical problems that accompanied the work on this project, the first was the high groundwater level that reached (1,5m) which had a direct impact on the work in the basement, that we had to build with a depth of (7m) under the ground. But by the grace of Almighty Allah and with the efforts and support of active management of the company, this storey was accomplished in the best way. "
He added: "The horizontal expansion project is an integrated project that aims principally serving the visitors of the Al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine as well as to accommodate the growing numbers of visitors, with new places for worship, prayers and visits (zyarat).
The company was keen to make the execution of the project worthy of the status of Abu Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him), thus it used the best cooling, heating, fire alarm, fire-fighting, image and sound systems, as well as all that is needed to make the visitor safe and secure."
He explained: "Among the new facilities of the expansion project, this hall allocated to the religious occasions, called “hall of Imam Al-Hasan (peace be upon him)”, implemented with the best technical equipment designed for video, audio and translation."
At the conclusion of his speech, the delegated Director of the company of land of Jerusalem (Ard Al-Qods) thanked all those who contributed and participated in this project.
It is worth mentioning that this project intends to increase the infrastructure of the Holy Shrine in order to provide better services to visitors and to cover the activities' growth in the Holy Shrine's different sections with their various specialities (engineering, scientific, intellectual, educational, service, regulatory , financial and other specialities).
As well as the replacement of a lot of service units such as secretariats, places of inspection and where to put the shoes, with stable built offices integrated into the new space. And according to engineering design, the expansion project adds to the Holy Shrine a space of more than 10,000 m2 that is invested vertically through the construction of three-storey (basement, ground and first floor) which makes it a total space of 30,000 m2, equipped with all modern services.