How the funds of the holy grid of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him) are collected? and where they are spent?

Al-Kafeel Global Network receives many questions about how are conducted the rituals of the opening of the shrine's holy grid of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him), How the money and gifts placed in it by the visitors are collected?

So, to answer all these questions, we went to the Deputy Secretary-General of the Al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, Engineer Bashir Mohamed Jassem Al-Rabee'i who has explained the following: "At the beginning of each Arabic month, the time of the grid's opening, a committee is formed of boards members and heads of departments at the holy shrine, in addition to some notables, representatives of the Hawza offices and representatives of the legislative and executive orders in the holy city of Karbala, as well as some directors of security and services departments, who are invited in advanced, and who have the honour of attending the grid's opening rituals."

Adding: "After opening the holy grid by the Secretary-General of the holy shrine of his representative (by an official authorization letter of the General Secretariat of the holy shrine) in a ceremony filled with reverence to the owner of the holy shrine, people selected from the group to enter the holy grid and to collect all its contents of funds and gifts in special bags to be placed later in a fortified closet."

Mr. Al-Rabee'i continued: "Then, begin the process of sorting money and gold pieces that are melted and converted into alloys to be used later in the works of gilding the holy shrine, particularly the new holy grid of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him). Followed by money counting operations after sorting it according to the currency by the division of sorting money at the department of gifts and vows, then all the money is registered in a special record, which is signed by every member of the committee that has opened the holy grid."

Noting: "The currency exchange commission formed at the holy shrine for the purpose of the exchange of foreign currencies at the best prevailing prices in the local market, to transfer all the money put in the holy grid by the visitors to Iraqi currency to deposit it in the bank account number of the Al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine at Al-Rafidain Bank, to be used in the development and completion of projects and for the service of its visitors, as the holy shrine does not deal with any other financial institution apart from this bank in which it deposits all its revenues."

Sayed Ahmed Al-Safi, the General-Secretary of the Al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine has reported earlier in an official declaration to the Al-Kafeel Network the following: "The various projects and the purchase of several engineering, manufacturing, scientific and service equipment and the different kind of vehicles, to supplement the holy shrine's departments with all their queries in order to develop them and for the service and comfort of its visitors, is funded by the Shiite Endowment of the Iraqi Council of Ministers by 80%, while the rest 20 % is funded by the money put in the holy grid by the Iraqi, Arab and foreigner visitors and collected by the department of gifts and vows at the holy shrine."
Readers' comments
No comment
Add a comment
The country: