The high Responsible and Secretaries of the Holy Shrines of Iran, Iraq and Syria at the end of the joint meeting, signed a memorandum of understanding to promote cooperation and convergence.
The text of the agreement is as follows:
In line with the commandments: “Co-operate with each other in righteousness and piety” and “who conduct their affairs with consultation among themselves” and for the realization of human-making thought of the household of the Apostle of God worldwide, following the cooperation and empathy of the Holy Shrines and the Holy Sanctuaries of Shi’ite world, coincided with the auspicious birth anniversary of Imam Ali ibn Musa Ar-Reda (peace be upon him) and in light of the blessings of Imam Mahdi (God hasten his reappearance), the servants to these Shrines sign a memorandum of understanding.
The high Responsible and Secretaries of the Holy Shrines, stressing the need for joint action to promote the teachings of pure Islam, and the felicitous teachings of Ahl Al-Bayt (peace be upon them), and the need to develop cooperation and unity of action, with an unswerving determination on the stabilization of relations and safeguarding the common heritage of Islamic civilization.
The Objectives are providing an appropriate environment for pilgrimage and cooperation regarding the teachings of Ahl Al-Bayt (peace be upon them), through implementation of social and cultural and service-based programs for all the pilgrims and lovers.
Paragraphs of the Memorandum of Understanding
All members will strive to implement the following terms:
1. Adopting the Quranic strategy, with the aim of realizing the ideals of the Islamic civilization, through disseminating monotheistic life system, based on the teachings of the Quran and the household of the Apostle of God (peace be upon them).
2. Civilization focused training to create human resources for the future of the Muslim world, and nurturing a pious, revolutionary, insightful, knowledgeable, and experienced generation, and offering a generalizable model of the successful Muslim child, adolescent and youths to the world today.
3. Confronting intellectual challenges and cultural invasion, as well as cooperation and exchange of experience in this field.
4. Deepening the scientific and research exchanges, in order to revive the universal heritage of Islamic civilization with a view to respond to the diverse social classes of the audience, and taking advantage of updated technology.
5. Extensive cooperation between the Holy Shrines to introduce their spiritual position in the region and the world as well as mobilizing all Muslims to protect the holy sites.
6. Coordination and exchange of experiences in all fields to expand and improve services provided to pilgrims.