The al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine has issued a number of instructions for the visitors of Arba'een of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him) under the title "The qualities of the lovers of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him)."
The instructions include:
- It is recommended to make Ghusl before the Ziyarat.
- You should be humble and recite Dhikr.
- Stay calm and solemn while performing the Ziyarat.
- Avoid pushiness, arrogance and vanity.
- It is recommended to speak little but good.
- You need to wear clean clothes.
- Avoid rivalry, controversy and swearing.
- Enter the sanctuary while you are on Wudu'.
- Be committed to attending the congregational prayer.
- Avoid mixing.
- Recite verses of the Holy Quran.
- Pray during the Ziyarat the prayers you have missed.
And in regard with the visiting women:
- Preserve your chastity and your Hijab.
- Be careful for your money from robbery.
- Remember that talking about worldly matters is not recommended...