The Library and House of Manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine concluded a protocol of cooperation and joint work with the Arab Federation of Libraries and Information, in order to enhance the cooperation relations between libraries' associations and institutions in the Arab world and to raise the profession's matter and its employees in Iraq.
The signing of this protocol was on the sidelines of the scientific seminars recently held by the Center for Indexing and Information Systems of the library of the House of manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine.
The protocol includes the following areas:
1- The Library and House of Manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine is the official partner of the Arab Federation of Libraries in Egypt in marketing the conferences of the Union in Iraq and distributing its publications.
- Helping to promote the profession and its status among other state institutions as a strong participant in achieving sustainable development.
3 - Cooperation in the preparation of scientific research and field studies in the field of libraries, information and archives, and the holding of seminars and conferences.
- To seek and contribute to the issuance of regulations and systems relating to national and regional libraries and information institutions.
- Participate in the issuance of standards, specialized manuals and basic working platforms for national and regional libraries and information institutions.
- Facilitating the participation of members of the Library and House of Manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine at the Conference of the Union and the International Conferences.
7 - Exchange of specialized publications in the field in their various forms.
- The term of the Protocol shall be automatically renewed for four years unless one of the other Parties informs the other party that it does not wish to renew.
The Dr. Khalid al-Halabi, the Executive Chairman of the Arab Federation of Libraries and Information represented it in the signing of the protocol while the library and house of manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine was represented by Mr. Feras Adnan Hussein on behalf of the library's official, Sayed. Noureddine al-Moussawi, with the attendance of Prof. Dr. Jassem Gergis one of the founders of the Union and a member of its scientific committee.