The conferees at the Second Scientific Conference on Displacement and Migration, which was organized by the al-Kafeel Jami'a College of the Higher Education and Education Department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, with the participation of the Faculty of Nursing at the University of Kufa, which concluded recently its activities under the slogan: (Voluntary return of the displaced: A promotion of health security and community stability) and with the participation of researchers and academicians from inside and outside Iraq, have made a number of recommendations, as follows:
- Attention should be paid to documenting the efforts made by the workers in the relief and support of refugees locally and internationally.
- Activate coordination between government actors such as the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Displacement and Migration, the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and other governmental and international bodies to serve the displaced persons in their present places of residence and accelerate their return to their cities of origin.
- To approach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to prepare accurate statistics on the number of Iraqi migrants, their places of residence, their physical and social conditions and their continuous follow-up in order to preserve their dignity and their right to live in dignity.
- Develop a national strategy for the protection of IDPs based on a human rights-based approach and international and humanitarian instruments.
- Organizing seminars and workshops for those working in the field to develop their capacities to manage crises and deal with the variables and unite and organize efforts.
- Studying the legal basis for migration and displacement through the establishment of workshops and seminars by specialists to make recommendations for the amendment or adoption of laws by legislators to develop sustainable solutions that limit the phenomena of migration and migration in the future.
- To take care of the psychological and educational aspects of the displaced in an urgent manner and provide a positive educational environment for them to attract them and strengthen the spirit of belonging to their country of origin Iraq.
- Forming a committee from the al-Kafeel Jami'a College and the College of Nursing in University of Kufa to follow up the implementation of the above recommendations.
It is to note that the conference aims at highlighting the level of social services provided to the displaced during the period of displacement, finding service and legal solutions that guarantee the voluntary return of the displaced, and strengthening the partnership between local and international government and non-governmental organizations to provide post-displacement services.