The shrine of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him) has witnessed the implementation of a number of projects that have been developed according to specific spatial and temporal plans that are suitable for each project and its specificities, such as the project of horizontal expansion and the expansion of the sanctuary by roofing the Holy Shrine, in addition to covering the Iwans and construction of the basements, as well as the installation of the sanctuary's grid and other supporting systems of cooling, fire, alarm, communication and monitoring and other projects that can not be mentioned, and recently there is another project that is no less important than the rest, namely Project covering the floor of the holy shrine with marble, which was installed since the seventies of the last century.
Head of the Engineering Projects Department at the Holy Shrine, Eng. Diaa Majeed Al-Sa'egh, has stated during the meeting with the Al-Kafeel network: "The project is executed by the Engineering Projects Department and the Engineering Maintenance Department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine. It is a complement to a series of projects carried out in a the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), and as a result of the great damage of the current marble, which led to the distortion of its general view in addition to being old, as it has been more than (50) years since its installation until it was included within the implemented projects without intersection with other projects. "
He added: "The process of cladding was divided into phases and each stage into parts and sections. The first stage was the sanctuary of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), which has an area of 1000 square meters. This division was preceded by a complete survey of the project and its own plans, with the use of inscriptions that are homogeneous with the rest parts of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine to create a state of symmetry and harmony. "
Mr. al-Sa'egh continued: "The first phase, which is similar in its implementation to the rest of the stages, go through several execution parts are:
- Removing old marble.
- Removing the old concrete parts and repair the damaged ones.
- Treatment of the floor and its fractions using special materials.
- Pour concrete floor to be prepared for cladding with a concrete with special specifications treated with building materials to help adhesion to the old floor and other that prevent moisture and others.
- Making an iron mesh and put it under concrete casting.
- The construction of a ground network for water drainage, communication, fire and alarm systems, and linking them to the Holy Sanctuary, which in turn is linked to the main systems of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine.
- To begin the marble cladding according to certain measurements that have been taken in advance in terms of degree of inclination to fit the sanctuary.
As for the specifications of marble, Eng. al-Sa'egh said: "The marble is a natural and rare species (Multi-onyx) of Italian origin, which has many advantages, most of which is being natural with natural colors and high tolerance to weather conditions and gives wonderful reflections, and its thickness is (4 cm).
Al-Sa'egh concluded: "The work is carried out within the design and implementation plans of the project, and will be the final outcome according to these indicators a wonderful painting that will complement the rest of the other paintings that were painted by the servants of Aba al-Fadl Abbas, peace be upon him."