The head of the engineering projects department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, Eng. Diaa Majeed al-Sa'egh, said that works started to cover with alabaster the second part of the sanctuary of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) that is dedicated to the men from the side of Qibla side, and the area next to it, after finishing covering the first part that is dedicated to the ladies.
He added: "This area is about 500 square meters. We started with the initial work, which included:
- Removing old marble.
- Removing the old concrete parts and repair the damaged ones.
- Treatment of the floor and its fractions using special materials.
- Pour concrete floor to be prepared for cladding with a concrete of special specifications and treated by building materials to help its adhesion to the old floor and to prevent moisture.
- Making an iron mesh and put it under concrete casting.
- The establishment of a ground network for water drainage, communications, fire and alarm systems, and linking them to the Holy Sanctuary, which in turn is linked to the main systems of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine."
Indicating: "After these works, we will start directly to cover the floor with the alabaster that was chosen for the project as a whole. The used alabaster is a natural and rare species (Multi-onyx) of Italian origin, which has many advantages, most of which is being natural with natural colors and high tolerance to weather conditions and gives wonderful reflections, and its thickness is (4 cm).
Al-Sa'egh concluded: "The work is carried out in cooperation with the engineering maintenance department. And we apologize to the visitors for not letting them enter the holy sanctuary from the side of the Qibla gate and the technical staffs will complete the work within the required time and specifications as soon as possible, so we can started the other phase of the project; covering the holy sanctuary"
It is to note that the shrine of Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon him) has witnessed the implementation of a number of projects that have been developed according to specific spatial and temporal plans that are suitable for each project and its specificities, such as the project of horizontal expansion and the expansion of the sanctuary by roofing the Holy Shrine, in addition to covering the Iwans and construction of the basements, as well as the installation of the sanctuary's grid and other supporting systems of cooling, fire, alarm, communication and monitoring and other projects that can not be mentioned, and recently there is another project that is no less important than the rest, namely Project covering the floor of the holy shrine with marble, which was installed since the seventies of the last century.