After two days of activities focused on commemorating the fatwa of the supreme religious authority for the defense and protection of Iraq and its sanctities from the danger of the terrorist ISIL gangs, the third edition of the Festival of the Fatwa for defense, which was held by the Department of Intellectual and Cultural Affairs at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine under the slogan "the victory is from you, to you, for you and you deserve it", was concluded in the hall of Imam al-Hassan (peace be upon him) with a large participation of figures and delegations representing many bodies and institutions from inside and outside the holy city of Karbala.
After the recitation of verses from the Holy Quran, there was a speech by the preparatory committee of the festival delivered by Mr. Ahmad Sadeq, Assistant head of the Department of Intellectual and Cultural Affairs at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine: "Today, we remember and document a stage of history that passed over our beloved country. The Preparatory Committee of the third cultural festival of the fatwa for defense issued a number of recommendations that are as follows:
- The participants recommend that the Ministry of Education be approached to include the fatwa for defense and its accompanying spirit of faith and the promotion of national identity in the curricula of education in general and especially in the subjects of Islamic education, sociology and Arabic.
- The participants recommend to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research to include the fatwa for defense and its social, psychological, educational and other outputs in the curricula of Iraqi universities in general and in humanities colleges in particular in human rights subjects, as the recommendations of Sayed al-Sistani include them, as well as in the subject of history and Arabic.
- The participants recommend the translation of the text of the holy defense fatwa and Sayed al-Sistani's recommendations to the Popular Mobilization fighters and the security forces in languages other than English because they have been translated into it.
- The completion of the Friday sermons as the spokesman of the Hawza in the statement of the holy defense fatwa, and encourage graduate students in Iraqi universities to study these speeches and benefit from them in various humanities.
- The participants recommend the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine to launch the competition of the best story of the heroism and sacrifices of the men of the popular mobilization.
- The conference is held annually and the suggested title of the next conference: (The religious authorities: Sayed. al-Yazdi and Sayed. al-Sistani .. similar roles and different methods).
- The participants recommend to local governments the establishment of a special museum for the martyrs of the popular mobilization in each province, including their pictures and a profile of their lives and their paper and electronic messages before their martyrdom.
- The need to take care of the families of the martyrs of the popular mobilization by establishing an official body called (the supreme body to take care of the families of the martyrs of the popular mobilization) that takes care of the rights of the martyrs' families.
- The establishment of a memorial in each province that symbolizes the martyrs of the fatwa for defense to commemorate them."
The closing ceremony included a poetry by the poet Faris Kadhem Matani, after which a film produced by the Institute of the heritage of the prophets on the fatwa and the response of the Iraqis, was displayed.
Then there was the announcement of the competitions' winners as well as the researchers and honoring a group of media professionals specialized in the field of electronic media in addition to honoring those who contributed to the success of this festival.