The comprehensive development program, in its second edition, prepared by the Childhood and Youth Division, represented by the Al-Kafeel Scout Association at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, included many activities, including the establishment of educational scout camps. This time, the camp was organized for 90 scouts between the ages of 16-18, in Najaf governorate under the name "Imam al-Jawad (peace be upon him)" in cooperation with the holy shrine of Imam Ali (peace be upon him), in order to achieve the complementary objectives of this promising scout group and as part of the requirements of the program.
Ali Hussein Abd Zaid, the official of the activities and camps unit, spoke to the Al-Kafeel Network about this camp saying: "It is a cultural scout camp with knowledge and spiritual dimensions. It aims to raise the cultural and cognitive level of the participants and invest the spiritual atmosphere in the holy shrine of the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) and when meeting the supreme religious authorities, as well as fortify their intellectual and cultural awareness through meeting with some of the scholars and notables of the Hawza. "
He added: "Also, we organize visits and tours in a number of institutions, including the center of specialized studies about Imam al-Mahdi (may Allah hasten his holy reappearance) and some cultural institutions, and then benefit from the positive recreational stations and their impact on the psychological health of young people.
Noting: "The activities of the camp lasted three days and included several activities, including:
- The performance of the Ziyarat of the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) collectively and a tour of the corridors of his holy shrine and some of its departments.
- Visiting the religious authorities to benefit from their guidance and advice.
- Organizing religious, cultural and intellectual lectures.
- Visiting the Kufa Masjid and its associated shrines.
- Visiting the cultural institutions in Najaf, including the Center for Specialized Studies about Imam al-Mahdi (may Allah hasten his holy reappearance) and the center of Fajr Ashura of the holy shrine of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him).
- Entertainment activities.
- Establishment of a special council commemorating the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Mohammad al-Jawad (peace be upon him).