The Department of Engineering Maintenance at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine recently completed the reinforcement of the area leading to the Qibla Gate of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) with an additional area in order to accommodate the number of visitors who mostly enters the holy shrine from its main entrance; the Qibla gate.
The head of the engineering maintenance department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, which supervises and implements these works, explained to Al-Kafeel Network, saying: "The area surrounding the holy sanctuary of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) suffers from severe congestion during the season of Ziyarat of millions, especially the road and the area leading to the Qibla gate of the holy shrine, which is also used to perform congregational prayer on the Fridays' eves and the days of special Ziyarat. And therefore, our cadres carried out the following works:
- Open the garden fence.
- Transfer seedlings and its soil to the Al-Kafeel nursery in cooperation with its cadres.
- Drill the place of the garden with a certain depth.
- Treatment of service pipes for electricity, water, sewage and others.
- Covering it with a layer of special material.
- Covering the area with concrete.
- Removal of the wall cut off from the garden in an artistic way that does not affect its general shape. "
It is worth mentioning that the Engineering Maintenance Department is one of the supporting Departments of the facilities of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine. It undertakes a number of things such as maintenance of all its sites and facilities, as well as the construction and manufacturing matters that are at the heart of most projects of the holy shrine.